MicroTech provides Technology Services, Network Systems Integration, Product Solutions, Cloud Computing, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Cyber Security, Mobility, and Social Media Solutions as well as leadership/management skills courses, business simulations and vital industry certifications as part of MicroTech University to both public and private sectors — managing more than half-a-million technology users daily. A prime contractor of over 100 Federal projects and more-than-25 procurement vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the government.
JOB TITLE: Director of Sales – Product Solutions
LOCATION: HQ – Vienna, VA (Tyson’s Corner)
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, SALES
The Director of Sales position within the Product Solutions and Sales (PSS) Business Unit is an individual contributor, field sales role with the responsibility for selling IT Products OEM Product Solutions and MicroTech branded solutions to new and existing customers within an assigned territory. This position also maintains positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. The overall focus areas are in prospecting, developing business, influencing potential RFP's prior to release, developing unsolicited proposals and presentations to customers, and selling Products and Solutions. Cross-functional teams within the business unit and from MicroTech’s Technical, Business Development, and Marketing functions can be utilized and leveraged to attain and exceed sales performance goals. Excellent relationship building, negotiating, and technical sales skills have proven to be successful in this role. Essential responsibilities of the Director of Sales are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities and to work effectively across functions with other MicroTech employees. Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within existing customer accounts; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned accounts; and develop new selling relationships within key vendor partners.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and grow MicroTech’s Product Solutions sales within the assigned territory. Lead the definition and execution of business plans to include sales and marketing programs to support proper teaming and overall strategic alignment within MicroTech and the assigned territory.
• Schedule and attend sales call appointments with customers. Other MicroTech team members may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
• Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
• Align resources within and across MicroTech Business Units with marketing, sales, systems engineering, and professional services to drive sales against agreed upon targets and goals.
• Establish relationships within the assigned territory and throughout the sales counterparts of key vendor partner organizations to achieve overall sales goals and strategies.
• Enable MicroTech to be the preferred partner within the assigned territory.
• Build awareness within the assigned territory and within key vendor partners of MicroTech through communication of the strategic benefits of the partnership.
• Ensure growth and customer satisfaction of the assigned accounts.
• Directly work with vendor partners counterparts on a daily basis.
• Understand Channel Programs of vendor partners to maximize sales opportunities and profit margins.
• Work with MicroTech and assigned vendor partner personnel to drive partner activities such as marketing events, joint sales engagements, and executive meetings and reviews.
• Update and manage business forecasts /pipelines within CRM and measure performance.
• Update MicroTech management personnel on plan progress, challenge areas and expected successes.
• Build business cases to justify investments and resources to address revenue upside.
• Participate in sales certification training opportunities for key vendor partners.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• 5-10 years of successful experience in DOD or Federal sales is required.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
• 4+ years of successfully exceeding individual contributor sales goals.
• Previous direct interaction and relationships with OEM partners at sales, channel team, and senior levels.
• Proven track record of building revenue and increasing profit margins.
• Proven track record of successful relationship building with the assigned accounts.
• Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
• Aptitude for understanding how IT solutions solve business problems.
• Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
• Strong understanding of Federal sales strategies, Channel programs, products, and services.
• Strong understanding of how to use GWACs , IDIQs and small business status to your advantage
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and have ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
• High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization.
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer