|MicroTech provides Technology Services, Network Systems Integration, Product Solutions, Cloud Computing, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Cyber Security, Mobility, and Social Media Solutions as well as leadership/management skills courses, business simulations and vital industry certifications as part of MicroTech University to both public and private sectors — managing more than half-a-million technology users daily. A prime contractor of over 100 Federal projects and more-than-25 procurement vehicles, MicroTech offers access to 2500 vendors and a million technology products and services across the government.
JOB TITLE: SSA Expert Systems Programmer – CICS Programming
LOCATION: Woodlawn, MD
POSITION SUMMARY: SSA’s CICS architecture consists of over 600 CICS regions in support of the Integration, Training, Acceptance, and Production life cycles. SSA is operating under CICS v3.2 on the IBM Z Series mainframe platform running z/OS v1.10 (migrating 1.11). The applications that run under CICS access various industry standard databases and interact with middleware, such as DB2, Integrated Database Management System (IDMS), WebSphere MQ, and WebSphere Application Server. The CICS architecture supports over 70,000 3270 and TelNet 3270 (TN3270) users and processes more than 60 million transactions per day in support of SSA’s mission critical programs
The purpose of this position is to provide systems programming support to administer, customize, and troubleshoot the CICS architecture by developing, modifying and installing CICS systems software and application software.
REPORTS TO: SSA Program Manager
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: CICS and Third Party Software Installation and Maintenance, Perform installation and maintenance of CICS software and third party vendor software following SSA standards and guidelines to maintain a reliable and stable infrastructure.
• Install CICS software and third party vendor software using System Modification Product/Extended (SMP/E) across SSA’s SDLC.
• Apply maintenance to CICS software and third party vendor software using SMP/E across SSA’s SDLC.
• Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON XE and IBM’s Tivoli Enterprise Portal (TEP) for CICS.
• Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting CICS Abend-AID/FX.
• Knowledge/experience with installing and supporting CICSPlex Systems Manager.
• Knowledge/experience with install and supporting BMC 3270 Super Optimizer for CICS.
• Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve CICS related problems when they occur.
• Update configuration documentation reflecting new software versions.
• Research compatibility between CICS and third party vendor software.
• Research compatibility between z/OS, Top Secret, IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS), & IBM WebSphere MQ software in relationship to CICS and third party vendor products.
• Establish and document test plan.
• Coordinate testing activities with application development staff and external partners.
• Communicate and coordinate software upgrades with the SSA Task Manager and the CICS monitor room.
• Upgrades to CICS and third party vendor software according to project schedules developed by the SSA Task Manager.
• Test plans for each upgrade should be submitted to the SSA Task Manager.
• Updated CICS configuration documentation should be submitted to the SSA Task Manager.
Date Due: Software maintenance is applied every 6 months for existing products and version upgrades are determined by business need. Each software implementation schedule varies depending on the criticality of the upgrade. Schedules will be determined by the Task Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Degrees: BS in related field preferred
• Experience: Minimum 10 years technically related
• Required Job Experience: Must have strong CICS background as well as CICS installation and maintenance using SMPE on the z/OS mainframe
• Extensive CICS knowledge, SMP/E, z/OS, Websphere, CICS Abend-AID,
URL to Apply: https://cssmti.sentric.net/default.aspx?Requisition=588
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer